Simplepie not updating
If you use libraries module anyway, then 'sites/all/libraries' is the recommended place.Either way: Just create a subfolder 'simplepie' and download the compiled, single-file version into it.
Create a new folder in /libraries/ root called simplepie, and shift the uploaded file into place. Rename the uploaded file to simplepie.compiled.php, so now you should have: /sites/all/libraries/simplepie/simplepie.5. Would still be a good idea if the module maintainers could make "Feeds Simple Pie Parser" an optional submodule. Not at all...after I hit the [publish] button the same thought occurred to me.I did do an update via drush a few days ago to feeds but at this point have never installed the Simple Pie module for feeds. I've cleared caches etc and I don't even have the Libraries module installed right now so have no idea where the system even wants me to put the library!thanks#1: This has nothing to do with the legacy Simple Pie module. #2: feeds_library_exists() wil be looking for Simple Pie in both 'sites/all/libraries' (if libraries module is installed) and 'site/all/modules/feeds/libraries'.I checked the file and just as i thought the feed url is parsed wrong.Here is the curl request info array(20) The url is given to curl in encoded form and thus request sent is redirected by server to HTML page. feed=rss2 to the parser and Simplepie will work just fine.Another approach would be to simply remove it from hook_requirements() altogether and instead present a drupal_set_message() on the Feeds admin page if Simple Pie is missing and you are about to create Simple Pie feed.solution #9 did not clear the the status board.
This did not work for me /var/www/html/drupal/sites/all/modules/libraries/simplepie -rw-r--r--.
What I was wondering was that is there a way to not abandon the whole feed just because of a single invalid character by filtering out the invalid character.
What @gsnedders tell is all almoust "greek" to me (and I'm not a newbie). I'm having several troubles to parse XMLs with Simple Pie on local Ubuntu 10.04. (v1.2) I call the function inside init function in Simple Pie Core class just after the data is fetched.
Just after this else loop else //function to strip invalid xml chars from fetched feed $data = Simple Pie_Misc::strip Invalid Xml($data); I checked out the feed and its a valid feed. feed=rss2 If you can enable xml_dump and check the output for errors.
Also Simplepie Demo on the site is parsing it perfectly fine. Many times for me the issue has been that simplepie was not able to access the feed or was redirected by server to some other page.
I think this has to do with parsing/compressing the url inside Simple Pie Class.